Regulations Governing The Importation Of Dogs And Cats Into Jamaica
1) No dog or cat shall be imported into the island, except such animal is imported directly from Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Eire.2) Every dog or cat imported into Jamaica must be accompanied by an import permit from the Veterinary Division in the Ministry of Agriculture (Jamaica).
3 ) On arrival at Kingston, which shall be the ONLY port of entry into the island, every dog or cat shall be examined by an inspector appointed under the Law, and if free of infectious or communicable diseases it may be landed.
4) Every dog or cat imported into Jamaica must be accompanied by a certificate stating that there has been no Rabies in unquarantined dogs, cats or other animals in the country from which it was exported.
5) This certificate shall be given:
- In the case of Great Britain by the Ministry of Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, Hook Rise, Tolworth, Surbiton, Surrey
- In the case of Northern Ireland by the Ministry of Agriculture, Belfast
- In the case of Republic of Eire by the Department of Agriculture, Dublin.
No dog or cat imported into the island shall be landed if it has been in contact with any dog or cat other than a dog or cat coming directly from Great Britain, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Eire; or a dog or cat that has been released from quarantine in those countries in respect of Rabies; and which in either case has been granted an official certificate from a country of origin referred to above.
Dogs and cats vaccinated against Rabies are not allowed entry into Jamaica.
For more information please contact:
Ministry of Agriculture,
+876 977 2492
+876 927 0594