To be qualified for a student visa the following requirements are to be met:
- Correspondence from educational institute confirming acceptance and length of time for studying in addition to clearance or permission from the Ministry of National Security to pursue studies in Jamaica. Clearance is usually sought on behalf of the prospective student by a representative of the educational institute where he/she wishes to study. Such clearance is usually communicated in writing to the Consular office nearest the applicant’s place of residence. Clearance is required before a visa can be issued.
- Medical certificate (which may be a letter signed by family physician) attesting freedom from all communicable diseases
- Proof of how applicant intends to support himself/herself for duration of studies (Affidavit of financial support)
- Round trip airline ticket valid for at least one year
- Student Visas are not issued at the Consulate.
- Entry visas are only issued by the Consulate.
Please note that student visas are not issued at the Consulate, but are issued at the Passport, Immigration & Citizenship Agency (PICA).