A Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN) is a unique nine-digit identification number assigned to each individual taxpayer, business enterprise, organization (non-profit, partnership, charity, etc.) by way of an automated system.
Requirements for Individuals (Submitting applications from overseas)
- Completed and signed TRN application form (click here for application)
- A copy of applicant’s Passport OR Driver’s Licence (notarized by a Notary Public, High Commission or Consulate). Passport or Driver’s License must include the applicant’s name (full last and first name), date of birth, photograph and signature
- If someone is being authorized to collect the TRN card an authorization letter from the applicant should be attached, stating the name of the person authorized to collect the card
- TRN Cards for applicants who submitted their forms via mail from overseas will then be mailed to applicant’s address as stated on application
- If the Identification or supporting documents are not in English, an official translated version is also required.
- The signature on the application form must match that on the Identification presented
- The application is to be mailed to the:
Taxpayer Registration Centre
Tax Administration Jamaica (TAJ)
116 East Street, Kingston