Procedure for Obtaining a Police Clearance Certificate from Jamaica
All applicants requiring Police Clearance Certificates from Jamaica must first contact one of the under-mentioned agencies to have their fingerprints taken:
Private Fingerprinting Company Locations Accredited for Web 2020-04-19
When attending any of the above agencies, applicants need to take two (2) pieces of photo identification along with documentation which will support the request for fingerprinting
All applicants are required to have the following additional documents:
- Completed Application form or Cover letter stating reason for Certificate and address to which Certificate should be sent.
- Two (2) recent passport size photographs (must not be signed or sealed)
- Certified copy of Passport data page – certification can be obtained at the Jamaican Consulate General at a fee of C$20.00.
- International Money Order or Bank Draft made payable to the Commissioner of Police for the Canadian equivalent to the fees listed below.
- Next Day Service – Eight Thousand Dollars (J$8,000) (ONLY AVAILABLE IN JAMAICA)
- Express Service – Five (5) Working Days from the date of receipt of application – Six Thousand Dollars (J$6,000).
- Normal Service – Twenty-one (21) Working Days from the date of receipt of application – Three Thousand Dollars (J$3,000).
Please note that the above processing times do not include the time taken to transmit the document and begins on the day the application is received by the Technical Services Division.
- Mailing usually takes fourteen (14) to twenty-one (21) business days. If you require the document sooner, please send a prepaid return courier envelope or make arrangements with a courier service and provide the details to the Technical Services Division.
The completed application should be forwarded to:-
Senior Superintendent of Police
i/c Technical Services Division
8-10 Orange Street
Central Sorting Office
Jamaica West Indies
Ph: 1-876-922-3221 or 1-876-922-4533
For applicants who designate an individual in Jamaica to submit an application on their behalf, the following applies:
- A certified letter of authorization must be provided to the individual
- The bearer must show photo identification.
If the applicant does not have a Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN), payment must be made at the Jamaica Constabulary Force Finance Branch, Ground Floor, NCB North Tower, 2 Oxford Road, Kingston 5, then the receipt and documents taken to the Technical Services Division (Criminal Records Office), 8-10 Orange Street, Kingston.
If the applicant has a Taxpayer Registration Number (TRN), payment may be made at any Inland Revenue Department (Tax Office) island wide, and the receipt and documents taken to the Technical Services Division (Criminal Records Office), 8-10 Orange Street, Kingston.
Consulate General of Jamaica, Toronto Revised March 2018