A summary of the steps in relation to the new online application process are provided
- Visit the Home page of the JCA Website at www.jacustoms.gov.jm
- Click the tab “Returning Residents” then click on the link “Online
Application and Booking Portal” and complete the Registration Form.
- After the applicant has registered, an email is then generated to the
applicant through the online portal and creates a hyperlink to the Application
Form. The portal also provides a username and password to gain access to the
application form. The applicant is required to upload the necessary supporting
documents (e.g. proof of job separation, copy of Jamaican passport, proof of
- The application is reviewed by the Returning Residents Unit (RRU) of the
Jamaica Customs Agency.
- In the event that an interview is required by the Returning Residents Unit,
an appointment will be scheduled via the online portal.
- An applicant may request an appointment for an interview if their
application has been denied or if they desire to provide
- Once approval has been granted by the Returning Residents Unit, an
exemption notice will be forwarded via email to the applicant who must
transmit same to their selected customs broker in order to effect clearance of
their personal effects at port.
All importers, regardless of their status, must satisfy all other requirements connected with the importation and clearance of their goods. This may include other documentary requirements, physical examination and requirements relating to other Border Regulatory Agencies (BRA).Click HERE for Online Application and Booking Portal