Replacement of Citizenship Certificates
Persons who have misplaced their original Certificate of Jamaican Citizenship can apply for a certified copy from Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA). The applicant must:
- write a letter addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency
25c Constant Spring Road
The letter should state the following:
c) File Reference or Certificate Number
d) Brief statement of the circumstances behind the loss of the original Certificate of Jamaican Citizenship. This information must also be reflected in the Police Report (see below).
The letter must be accompanied by the following original documents:
2. A Police Report (not older than 6 months) stating the circumstances behind loss of the original Certificate of Jamaican Citizenship
3. A certified passport sized photograph of applicant
4. If applicant is a minor, a certified copy of one of the parent’s valid government issued photo identification
PICA reserves the right to request additional and or updated information during the processing of the replacement of the Citizenship Certificate.
Compliant applications will be processed within ten (30) working days.
- The fee is One Hundred and Ten Canadian Dollars (CDN$110.00) money order made payable to PICA
- For cash payments, an additional CDN$7.50 is required to purchase a money order
- Please note that additional cash costs include a consular fee of Thirteen Dollars (CDN$13.00)